Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2 Doses Down, 1/3 done


They gave me my second dose of cytarabine yesterday at 11p-1am. The doses are supposed to be 12 hours apart, but they bent the rules a bit to get me on the regular 11a and 11p schedule. I did have them pre-medicate me with the ativan again as well as the other two medicines. It helped because I slept and didn't experience nausea during the night. Right now I am a little queasy but not bad.

I've already had a Carnation instant breakfast drink and some raisin bran for breakfast. Also, Sandi and Amy stopped by bringing me a cache of Dunkin Donut holes. I'll eat some and share the rest with my excellent, friendly nursing staff.

I don't have chemo today; it's a rest day. I am focusing on eating and drinking alot in case or if I get sicker later. I've done my 2 miles on the treadmill which I prefer to tackle in the morning while I still have energy. They said that I could leave the floor/this unit since my counts are good. Maybe I'll get downstairs to walk around a bit and enjoy the gardens or the outside. It is supposed to be hot today but cooling off the next few days, I understand.

Thought I'd include another picture from the Carolinas beach trip courtesy of Debra and Sherry. Thanks again you two for the mini-vacation.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Nice photo from the beach. I feel relaxed just looking at the photo of the dunes and your smiling face.
Glad you are still able to eat and get some exercise in. I've been really conscious lately of how grateful I am to be able to exercise.
Enjoy your day off.
Sending warm (and humid) thoughts from toasty Houston.
Hard to imagine that Marty and I lived here 24 years ago! Ouch, I feel old! Seems like a lifetime ago. Best memories of that time: swimming at the Y, cycling to work, meeting folks in the LGBT community through a dining out group, vacation to Big Bend NP.
OK, I'm done strolling down memory lane.
Have a restful, peaceful night.
Love, Julia
--Julia