Friday, August 22, 2008

Early and Busy

We are already up and at it at 8:30am sitting in the Duke blue recliner. This is the earliest appt I've had since I started coming to the bone marrow transplant clinic. They have already taken my blood pressure, temp, and all of that as well as my lab tests. Now we are just waiting for the lab results to come back to see which, if any, blood products I need. And of course, I need to be seen the provider who is taking care of me today. They use several mid-level providers to staff the clinic, a mix of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Most of them have been working with the team for 5 years or more. They are quite adept at dealing with all the weird things that pop up in these immune suppressed patients. One guy has so many different infections, both bacterial and fungal, that they collaborate with the Infectious Disease service to take care of him and email back and forth referring to him as "Mr Bugs."

Yesterday, they asked me if I wanted to have Friday off and come back over the w-e or come to the clinic on Friday and be off on the w-e. Well that's an easy choice for me. So here I am on Friday being seen. I do hope to get the w-e or even part of the w-e off. If we do get the w-e off, Holly and I may head for Asheville. We haven't been to the mountains in a while, and it would be good to get away. We haven't exactly had a vacation though we did get to the beach for 2 different w-e's earlier. That was so nice.

I don't have my numbers yet. Maybe I'll update once I have them. One good note, the blurry vision seems to be resolving on its own. That certainly argues that it was due to the chemo I had 2 weeks ago.

No comments: