Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday


We got a nice peaceful rain here at the house last night so the air is cool and clear this morning. I had a good run though it is still difficult. I am happy just to able to run and be outside though. I feel sure that next week when I am in the hospital that I will be wishing I could be struggling with a run through the neighborhood. Quigley will be missing me too because I like to take her for a spin around the loop here in our subdivision so she can get out a little too.

I'm going to pick up my sister from the airport early this afternoon. Then she is driving to Asheville to be with my Mom and her husband just for the w-e. They are taking a mini-vacation to the mtns from their home in Charleston. I've already gotten a phone call from my mom that her old car has broken down (it's done that 3x recently), and they hadn't even made it out of town yet. I guess they will have to take the truck and haul Dixie their chocolate lab in the cab or back of the vehicle. Hope they make it there okay. It'll be good for me to have Becky here next week-someone to visit me in the hospital and take my mind off things.

Everyone have a good w-e. I'll write more on Monday. Maybe I'll know the hospital schedule by then.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa: I hadn't seen your blog in a bit and was so glad to read about the exercise and that your other sister will be spending time with you. I'll see my daughter, mom, and sisters this coming week, so I'll need to throw in a jacket and couple of sweaters for the San Francisco and Humboldt portions my stay. Also the chemo sounds so promising. I'm sorry you have to go through that hell next week, but hopefully you have already experienced the worst, the pneumonia is being handled and that high cure rate is pretty impressive! Take good care. love, Ronie

Shannon said...

Just finished an awesome hike filled with fresh blueberries and black rasberries at Graveyard Fields with the boys. Are you able to have fresh stuff yet?
I am both sorry and excited about your chemo---hate for you to have to go through it again, but the prognosis is so great, that surely it is worth it. I am really glad to hear you are exercising(and shaming me, but the way, who couldn't run 3 miles if I had an extra set of lets).
Jared, the boys and I will be gone next week camping near the Joyce Kilmer Forest, so we won't be able to check in on you or even call as there is no cell signal in the weeds where we'll be residing. We're bringing the grownup TajMaTent(camping version of TajMaHal) and a smaller tent for the boys to track all the dirt, spiders and leaves into that they desire. Anyway, I will be thinking of you.
Sorry we didn't get to hook up when I was down east last weekend, but a belated happy birthday!
Shannon

Julia said...

Tree, Today I stumbled on Title 9's (the women's fitness clothing business) "timeout with T9" blog. You can visit it at: http://www.timeoutwithtitlenine.com/. The first entry I read was "Glory Days," a hilarious entry from a woman in her 50's who has taken up running after decades of being a non-athlete. I immediately thought that your blog would be a great addition to this online fitness community of T9's creation. As a runner who's life is currently focused on cancer treatment your blog would be insightful, inspiring, and a comfort to other women who are experiencing similar life challenges. So, please consider submitting your blog to T9's site.
Another thought: Laurie and I have often found having an event to train for motivational to keep up with an exercise program. Would you be interested in selecting a running, walking, cycling, paddling or sprint triathlon event(sometime within a reasonable timeframe beyond your treatment) that we could all train for together? It could be a fun way to celebrate the completion of your treatment and also a way to encourage each other and have "energy beget energy" during your treatment phase. No competition here, just support for all of us in training--Team Tree. Let me know what you think!
Have a great weekend. Love, Julia

Moutain Doc said...

Dear Julia-

Thank you for the suggestion about the Title 9 blog info. I'll give it a whirl. I can't imagine my blog will help anyone other than me but who knows. It would make me very happy if it did.

As for the training, I'd love to do that. Perhaps we can pick something with a time frame that makes sense. It would be really fun. -teresa