Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Incredible Kindness of Friends


My friend Gail came down to visit while I was in the clinic on Monday. She and Chris had gone to the mtns for a golfing w-e and brought me back a pair of boxer shorts with dachshunds on them. The package says you just drop them in water and they become a full fledged pair of boxers complete with my little hotdog all over them. I haven't done the water thing yet but I will. I am still so amazed that can work. I wonder if they puff up like all those toys we dropped in water at my birthday party. They blew up into sea creatures. Thanks for thinking of me you two.

Also, I have to credit Marty and Deb with bringing back excellent chocolate pecan bark from their trip to Boston (Furlong's cottage candies). Deb's mother turned 90 so they had a big party for her just a while ago. They generously picked up a huge box of the dark chocolate bark for me and Holly. I'll have you know my weight is up to 124#, and I am sure it is all because of you two. We only have a few pieces left, and it was so yummy. Thanks for that. That extra weight will make a difference next week when I have to go back into the hospital again for 5 days of chemo.

We have been getting a good rain all night and this morning. I hope that Asheville and Western NC has gotten some too. They are in an extreme drought and need it even more than we do here. My garden there was very crispy.

Today's photo-tried to capture the box of Furlong's candy and those (dehydrated) boxer shorts so that you could see them.

1 comment:

Henry said...

Friends & Family always make things better. Talked to both Herbert & Robert last night and they both would to help if they can. Today we have to go to our Bible study. Dad