Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 3 for Chemo


Holly stopped by this morning on her way into work and found me fast asleep at 7:30am. Last night, my nurse woke me up at 1am to take vital signs, 4 am to get my weight, labs, and more vitals, then 6am to restart my IV fluids that were on hold from yesterday. I sleep great between the wake ups, but dang, they wake you up alot.

Since I got up, I've done my 45 mins of exercise. I tried to do the treadmill again today, but the thing needs servicing. Some error message about Lubing the Belt. So I did the other aerobic machine they have in the small gym room, a recumbent cross trainer sort of like a sit down stepper. It moved my arms and legs so that was good. I am trying to spend more time moving around and just being upright and out of the bed (whether sitting or lying) that I did last time. So far it seems easily doable. Maybe getting this stuff every other day is truly less of a drag on the system. My stomach felt pretty queasy and bad last night, but it seems better this morning. I'm now having my Carnation instant breakfast, and I just finished some fruit.

My next dose will start at 11am, and they will come to give the pre-meds at 10:30am. So not much time now before the next treatment. I am sure there will be some cumulative effects and effects next week as well, but right now I am doing okay. My counts haven't dropped much yet so I am not having that flu feeling yet with all the fever and chills and body aches. Thank God!

Bear with me-another picture from the beach. The sound side again.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Just back from five days without cell phone or internet, camping in Joyce Kilmer forest with Jared and the boys. It was the best vacation I can remember in years. We used one of our climbing ropes and harnesses and hoisted the kids up an overhanging tree to make a 15 foot high swing, tied another rope over a bank so the kids could "rapel" down the side to the creek where they tried to catch fish, had two hammocks swinging in the shade where I read two books, and sat around the fire reading the Spiderwick Chronicles to the boys. A great, unencumbered time.
(I'm not telling you this to make you feel awful that you're sitting in a hospital room having chemo---more to give you a visual distraction of relaxation.)
Sounds like so far, so good on this round. That's terrific! Keep up the writing---it helps those of use out here, unable to visit, feel connected.
Love you,
Shannon