Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rowing for Endurance

My Dad asked me yesterday when we talked if I was doing any kind of workout these days. I realized that I hadn't mentioned it recently, but I am still rowing in the mornings, 4000 meters, which takes about 23 mins. I am still able to do pushups and leg lifts and yoga stretches so I do those too. I get more short of breath doing the workout than I did 3 months ago but so what. That is good training too-for my mind and my body. I think I am really benefitting from the endurance and stamina that comes with exercise. I don't quite have time to do a walk prior to coming to clinic so we walk about 2 miles after dinner each day. Quigley likes to get out then too. Beth and Becky joined in, of course, and we even made it to Locopops a time or two. That is a fun incentive for walking after dinner. It is very pleasant out at that time too.

My CT scan from yesterday afternoon turned out fine. I don't have any bleeding in my eyes or anywhere else. That is good news, of course. My labs came back with a low hemoglobin (8.8) so they have ordered me some red blood cells to transfuse. I'm still waiting on them to arrive from the hospital. My platelets got a good bump from the bag yesterday (to 34,000) so I don't need those. My counts are near bottom, which means I'll be building back up soon too. Yeah!

Today is another switch day. Beth is flying back to Georgia, and my mom is coming later. Another week another handoff.

1 comment:

MEDEA poetica said...

Dear Tree,
Glad you're still able to do some endurance work and that your mom is on her way up.

We're in Boulder until tomorrow evening. It's beautiful and the high mountains still have snow on them.

Rhianna's dorm room is all set up now, but we have a few more orientation sessions in the morning.

Hope we can catch up soon!
Love,
Angela