Friday, August 15, 2008

A Speedy Visit


Beth and I just got back from the clinic. They were short staffed, so it took them a little while to take my blood pressure, temp, etc and to draw my blood. Fortunately, my counts were (just barely) high enough that I didn't need any blood products today. They gave me a reprieve from the clinic until Sunday morning when they predict I'll need my next platelet transfusion. And the best thing is that my white cell count, though lower than normal at 2000, is still providing me some protection from infection or feeling bad. It feels so good to feel good.

Karen P. came down to visit while we were in the clinic. Very nice of her to take time from her workday to do that, and she even brought us lunch from the Thai noodle place. Very yummy and thoughtful.

Beth is taking my car to drive to Fayetteville this w-e to see her best friend from their time at Fort Bragg. Her family was stationed at Bragg for several years before her husband took this job with the rangers at the Army base in Georgia. Nice that she can get something fun out of this trip instead of having to babysit her older sister (me) and cart her around for a week.

This photo is some yardart from one of my long runs in Asheville. I just loved it so I took a picture of it one day. If I've used it previously, sorry for the repetition.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad your counts are staying up! Yea! Was this a totally different regimen from first chemo round? Seems to very different response.
sh

Shannon said...

Okay, I have gone through your blog and think I have answered my own question...first round was daunarubicin and ara-c and this time high dose ara-c?
Watching the olympics and women's marathon and made me think of you. Hope today is a good day!
shannon

Shannon said...

This absence of blogs is making me very nervous...everything okay?
sh