Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home Again, Home Again


Jiggity-jig. I got up at 7am since it's the day I get to go home. I was up alot last night with pre-meds for the last chemo, then the chemo, then labs, and lots of hot flashes that made it hard to sleep. I think I was up at least once for each hour from 1am on. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time to get real rest at home. I am hoping the hot flashes will back down again after some of this strong chemo med gets out of my system. I had gotten so much better with the hot flashes in the last year. They were awful right after the breast cancer chemo but then seemed to dwindle in this past year. Not sure if these new surges will persist or go back into hiding until the next round of chemo.

I am hoping that Holly and I can go somewhere to celebrate being out of the hospital. Maybe some brunch at Elmo's or a similar haunt. Definitely worth celebrating. I'll have a bit of a w-e anyway.
Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday too!

3 comments:

Julia said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!
Have a great weekend and enjoy being in your own home with Holly.
Love, Julia

Shannon said...

Congrats on your release! Seems like this round has been far different from the last. Keep your positive energy going as the counts go down. I'm proud of you!
Here's the link to my article this week in the mtn xpres if you are bored: http://www.mountainx.com/opinion/2008/razor_burn_moles_and_other_stds
back to work and reality tomorrow! Dreamed about the health center last night---weird. Woke up with a headache! Miss you. Let me know when you'll make it up the hill!

MEDEA poetica said...

Yea! I'm so glad you were sprung on this unseasonably cool day and can enjoy being at home again. What a blessing that this round of chemo went smoother too.

We're just back from Topsail and about to head to Boulder (to deliver Danishgrrl's oldest to college, boo hoo). Am looking forward to catching up with you again soon.

Love,
Angela